This training course is a pre-requisite to owning the Harken PowerSeat. 4 hours at the Charleston Harbor Resort and on sail vessel C&C 121 with a 62’ mast used for climbing.
Use of the PowerSeat™ is restricted to qualified operators* who are certified for temporary work at height with the use of access and positioning systems using ropes according to the current regulations of the Nation in which the device is used.
The PowerSeat™ is designed to help qualified operators* ascend a rope using the engine and descend using a passive manual device. The PowerSeat™ is not safety equipment and is not a Personal Protective Equipment.
It must always be used in combination with a secondary rope to which is connected the fall arrest device fixed to the operator’s harness by a cord with an energy absorber, and must satisfy the requirements of EN 363 on individual systems for the protection against falling from heights.
Use the PowerSeat™ only in sufficiently ventilated areas, as the engine exhaust gases contain carbon monoxide.
In order to use the PowerSeat™ a risk analysis, and rescue plan must have been drawn up, as required by current regulations of the nation where the device is used on temporary work at height and the use of access and positioning systems using ropes.
The following guidelines where applicable are also to be considered:
– ISO / BS 7985 and ISO/WD 22846-2.
– IRATA: International Code of Practice.
– SPRAT: Safe Practices for Rope Access Work.
– C(HSW)R: The Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations.
– LOLER: The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
– MHSWR: The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
– PUWER: The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
This list is not complete and it is the responsibility of the qualified operator to be aware of current regulations in his country on temporary work at height and the use of access and positioning systems using ropes or other regulations relating
to his specific sector of work.
* Qualified Operator – persons who have attended specialization, training etc courses and are certified for temporary work at height with the use of access and positioning systems using ropes according to the current regulations of the Nation in which the device is used.
Cancellation Policy for Training
Once paid and registered, we expect you to be present for training. If you are not present or if you cancel, you will receive a credit to take the course at another time. No refunds will be given.
Request a date below and a representative of Hebertech will call you to confirm your training date after you register.